Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

wall scripts

@murad intriguing.

So is it the 

21 hours ago, murad said:

....any hatch.....

...part that's crucial to your question? So that a choice from a previously defined group of hatches could be chosen?

And, following the above, do we read 'hatch' (rather than texture) as being required within the wall (2D) or the wall have a hatch to sides when in 3D. 

I assume you specifying a pen weight possibly points to a Top/Plan solution.

So there's quite a few options that should be confimed - maybe by you explaining the reason (fair play if it's straying into 'that's my business'). Else I'd go with @michaelk and steer you towards wall styles. 

murad,

Since you are new to scripting, you should try what we all have done to learn by example – draw some objects of interest, then export a script to a text file. The Export options can be found under the File menu. In your case, draw some walls (30 cm thick), with your desired line weight (18 mils?), and add some hatches. After exporting this as a script, you can find the relevant code deep in the middle of the file. Look for the comment "Object Creation Code". That comment will appear several times in the script (at the beginning of object creation, before each layer in the file, and at the end of object creation), but it will get you close. This is a really good way to get your feet wet.

Good luck,

Raymond

Edited by MullinRJ
spelling
  • Like 1