Can't install trial version of vwx 2018 on my Mac

Lucy Record

Question

Hi,

Please help. I previously tried out a 30 day trial version of Spotlight 2018 earlier in the year back in Jan/Feb. Now I am trying to install a 30 trial of fundamentals 2018, to see if it fulfils my design requirements to do architectural lighting designs. I have received the email with the key-chain and have installed the vwx software into my Mac computer (the same computer as the Spotlight 2018) but the following error message pops up after it attempts activation over the internet (see screenshot attached). Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 13.24.47.png

3 answers to this question

Normally the Trial Versions are the Full Package (=VW Designer) and you can switch

between Different Workspaces like Architect or Fundamental to check if one of the

smaller packages may work for you.

So there is only one Trial Version that you can test for 30 days for one time.

Therefore the next Option to try another Trial Version will be the next Release of VW

= VW 2019 in September.

Of course it doesn't make much sense to to provide a fully working and unrestricted

Software and allowing 12 x 30 days per year for Testing.

Don't know how VW handles it but for other Software 30 day Trials you can contact

their Support and ask for another 30 days License after you explain your reasons like

not having had time to test it while the period, have been ill or needing even more time

to test the Software or such things.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
42 minutes ago, Lucy Record said:

Hi,

Please help. I previously tried out a 30 day trial version of Spotlight 2018 earlier in the year back in Jan/Feb. Now I am trying to install a 30 trial of fundamentals 2018, to see if it fulfils my design requirements to do architectural lighting designs. I have received the email with the key-chain and have installed the vwx software into my Mac computer (the same computer as the Spotlight 2018) but the following error message pops up after it attempts activation over the internet (see screenshot attached). Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-05-16 at 13.24.47.png

Make sure to contact sales@vectorworks.net and forward them this info to see about getting you cleared for a second trial, by default the trial system only permits one trial key per version (year) of Vectorworks.