Student file won't open

darcyv

Question

I am trying to open my 2017 vector works file on my friend's computer, a file that I sent to her. We both have the same 2017 student licence as part of the same school. When she sends me her file, I can open it. When I rework the file and save and send it to her, she can't open mine. The message: 'this file was saved in a student version of vectorworks and can't be opened on a professional version' keeps popping up. It confuses me because we BOTH have a student version of vector works. Can anyone help please? Is student file sharing not allowed within student licences? Thank you!

1 answer to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Recall that your student license required some shuffling of locations to get working, students at the same school/in the same country should have no issue sharing, but that might not be the case when it comes to your license and theirs. We can recreate your student account, but you will have to await that distributors approval, I wont be able to modify it from here in the US as i did the license we set up for you.