Symbol Count Table

Heya Team,

We have just purchased a new modular screen frame system and I have made a simple 2D build template to allow us to piece together individual sections to create custom projection screen sizes. Id like to create a table within the design layer that auto populates to let you know how many of each symbol is currently in the drawing. Something that says Corners =4, T-Pieces = 4 etc. Something that once you've built your masterpiece, tells you how many of each to add to the rental program.

Thank you so much for your time!

Screen Frame Concept.PNG

Hi @Haydenovative this has been covered before...

I assume this will suit your needs.

I think the only extra tip I might add would be that if your company has just bought 'the kit' and therefore you have limited sets of pieces, you might want to add a FLAG cell (of your own design) in the worksheet so the report will highlight there are too many pieces being used from the pieces you actually own.

HTH

My suggestion would be to edit your symbol definitions and attach a custom record so you can easily identify the screen parts from other symbols on the same layer.

Then create a database row in a worksheet with criteria of Layer is "your layer name" and Record "your record name" is present.

This will then give you a list of all of the screen parts in a single database.

Add columns for the information you want to show. Probably Symbol Name. I would also add a column with a formula of "=count"

If you then Summarize by Symbol name you will get a database that shows each screen part in a single row and the Count column will show the number of that part that are used.

• Like 1