Can't select lights in Collab Doc

ford519

Question

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a show, and I just got a VWX from a lighting designer. It looks like they've placed lights within the sections I've designated, but I can see they've taken some liberties in placing additional light structures outside of the areas I've designated. I don't have a problem with this, but I'm wondering if anyone knows: Why can't I select these elements?

I've tried the usual digging through layers and force selecting and digging through viewports, but I'm wondering if there's some way to obfuscate/lock elements or plugin items that I'm just not aware of...

I can send a segment of the file to anyone who thinks they may have an idea about this...

Thanks

2 answers to this question

Hi

I can take a look; I cannot guarantee success but I do understand the frustration of others making "hidden" changes and the time taken to fix things etc.

If you wish, you can send it on.

eamondofox at me .com 

Cheers

eamon

It could possibly be a class issue. I would check to make sure the class options are set to "Show/Snap/Modify Others". Is sometimes catches me if someone I'm collaborating with has a different to mine. I always have my class options set this way but some prefer to only be able to modify items in the current active class.

Kevin