Unsolid (white should be grey) walls/roofs in live section viewports

David S

Question

Anyone else suffering from this? Attached is an unfinished live section viewport. It should display the new wall with detail components, as it is doing, but the section cut through the existing walls/roofs/floors used to display them in a standard grey.  So if I ungroup the roofs they now appear grey, but if I group them they do not. Oddly If I do not use a floor but a slab for a floor this works as it should do either showing floor components or if no components a grey cut through. Doesnt appear to be classes based or anything to do with viewport settings  - if i switch vp settings to separate x sections and the 3 settings below that ticked it simply shows a complete section cust through in grey. After a quick dialogue with VSS this in part appears to be "grouping" related and not dissimilar to my previous "2d annotation disappearing during scrolling in section viewport unless ungrouped." I realise I may be sectioned for posting this as at face value it looks like the rambling of a mad man, which to be fair, it is.  This appears to be VW2018 related. Didn't happen before? 

34 efw.jpg

Edited by David S

4 answers to this question

I believe this issue was flagged by me in May, subsequently filed as VB-149264 in August 2018 prior to the release of VW2019? As it's an issue relating to live section viewports and an inability to visualise (show solid) either roofs or floors I'd like to ask a) was this replicated by the engineers - I assume so as it was filed?  and b) what progress has been made to fix it?   Thanks David