a case for browser based CAD

1 hour ago, Jan-Burger TROOST said:

But why only 2D?

I did not want to ask for too much...however this could be a universal collaborative system where everyone working in a silo cad of any kind could load their models to so ALL shareholder could see...BUT it would start out with 2d layout stuff....so if you drew a center line for a project the the start & end of the line would be at some UTM Coordinate...meaning you would always be working on grid....then you could ref that grid to your version of silo cad and ref your models to the Collaboration Earth.

This would act like a way to "publish" your model or 2d work...with out giving anyone access to your desktop cad files which everyone is so worried about...

THEN...after the Collaboration Earth is off and running...slowly start to develop a browser based cad for use. 

Also drones using mapping software could load directly to it...surveyors too...

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like Autodesk has found a nice solution for browser based CAD, without having to develope the software on multiple platforms. Maybe Vectorworks is planing to do it similarly.

Here a link to a talk given my an Autodesk engineer at Google IO: Link

I could envision something like this for Vectorworks, where you can seamlessly transition from working at home in a browser on your underpowered iMac, with your files being synced through the cloud, and opening the file at work on your more powerful workstation.