DCapp

Seating bounding box

The vast majority of the time when i create a seating section, and then edit the section later, the bounding box is some how transposed from the drawn seating section. Its mostly an annoyance, but functionally it seems that if I type anything into the Object pallet the value is reflected on the seats in the perspective of the now misplaced bounding box. Making things such as setting angles very difficult, and basically a guessing game.

Anyone else seeing this?

Untitled.jpeg

It always happens when I mirror, but it also happens often when I "edit" the layout, such as removing single seats, but only if I select to modify the bounding box.

I have also run in to this when mirroring.    I don’t recall this being an issue in 2017 but I could be mistaken.  But it’s one of the reasons I’ve all but written off the seating tool for now.   Instead opting to use duplicate array,  move by points and working planes.  

As Wesley said, I hardly ever use the seating tool. I find it too time consuming to get exactly what I want. I can quickly get something that may be really close, but seldom something I would want to present to a fire marshal.  It’s just not that difficult to direct model the exact seating one needs. Duplicate Array, Copy / Paste the Mirror Tool and Working Planes are your friends. 

@DCapp @scottmoore @Wesley BurrowsThis may assist, its a Marionette file that fits seating symbols to a poly line shape. You can explode it after you get what you want and the seats will stay.

Right click and change the polyline shape or paste a new one in and delete the other one.

Change the symbol name to get different seats.

May assist??

Capture.JPG

Seating_Test_On_Poly_001_v2018.vwx

Edited by Alan Woodwell
  • Like 1