rotated viewport with rotated text

Hello,

is it possible to rotate a viewport, that also rotates texts and labels (independent of "readability"?)

Imagine that i have 4 walls. In those walls i have windows/doors. Attached to those windows/doors there is a label with the text "100 / 120" (width / height).

When i try to create a viewport and rotate that viewport, vectorworks tries to adjust the text. At a certain angle "100 / 120" becomes "120 / 100" because vectorworks rotates the text by 180 degrees.

Can I just create a viewport that does not try to change the text in that way? I want the text to basically be upside down, but still "correct" in terms of width first height second.

The "Adjust Flipped Text" option on or off doesn't do anything.

thanks

Vectorworks 2018 SP3, MacOS 10.11.6

drawing.png

viewport.png

3 hours ago, marcel said:

The "Adjust Flipped Text" option on or off doesn't do anything.

Where are you adjusting this setting? It appears in two places and you may need to adjust both. The first in found in File>Document Settings>Document Preferences on the Display tab. The second is Viewport specific and is found by clicking on Advanced Properties in the OIP when a Viewport is selected.

Kevin

i didn't know there was a setting for it in the viewport itself. Thanks for the hint.

I've tested all 4 combinations, and i don't get the result I want on any of them.

When i check the "Adjust Flippted Text" option in the Document Preferences, it is correct in my drawing, but not in my layout (Viewport, rotated by 90°).

First image the drawing without rotation (how it should be). Second image Viewport with "Adjust Flipped Text" on. Third image Viewport wirth "Adjust Flipped Text" off.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-08 um 12.11.47.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-08 um 12.11.58.png

Bildschirmfoto 2018-05-08 um 12.12.08.png

How did you initially create the text objects? Are they individual text objects or are they labels that are part of the door/window PIO? It feels a bit like the objects may have been mirrored at some point. Mirroring vs. rotating may make a difference. Are you able to post an example file for troubleshooting?

Kevin

On 5/8/2018 at 4:19 PM, Kevin McAllister said:

How did you initially create the text objects? Are they individual text objects or are they labels that are part of the door/window PIO? It feels a bit like the objects may have been mirrored at some point. Mirroring vs. rotating may make a difference. Are you able to post an example file for troubleshooting?

The text is part of the window. The screenshot contains just 4 walls 4 windows and a viewport with rotation. All i did was to enable the label (width/height) of the windows.

Edited by marcel

I would consider the stacking order switching as a problem. How would a contractor know width vs height? Maybe @JimW knows if this is intended.

(I can't seem to create a window object with similar labels to test it myself. Clearly operator error but the process doesn't seem to be straightforward.)

Kevin

Edited by Kevin McAllister