Question

Howdy,

Working on a home design and file seems to have gotten corrupted.  My wall tools do not work in many aspects.  I cannot select walls that are drawn.  I can draw a wall but then I cannot edit.  Have I accidentally changed some setting or is this file damaged?  I have quite a bit of work in this file!

Thanks

Jack

8 answers to this question

Good morning.  It appears this was a Class Options setting, however I'm not sure when or what I did to alter the settings.   I right clicked and chose activate class, then I set Class options to Show/Snap/Modify Others <---- I believe that was the trick.

Grazie

Merci

Thanks!

It's easy to inadvertently change the class you create new object in.  Look on the upper toolbar on the left where there are 5 little squares and a dropdown menu.  Typically, that should be set to "None" to create objects in the "None" class.  You should also check the classes that walls and wall styles are being created in.  Those have separate settings that can override the object creation preference.