Door tool won't allow me to change parameters before inserting

simbob

Question

The door tool will allow me insert into a wall, but  i can't adjust the door parameters until i insert one into the space, which means i have to insert all doors as doubles (current default) and then change retrospectively. It would be fine if i could change the default prior to use.

In fact, just discovered, i can't insert any symbols into walls

Also, recently i've not been able to duplicate dynamic doors and insert into other walls as was the case previously.

Edited by simbob

2 answers to this question

2 hours ago, simbob said:

The door tool will allow me insert into a wall, but  i can't adjust the door parameters until i insert one into the space, which means i have to insert all doors as doubles (current default) and then change retrospectively. It would be fine if i could change the default prior to use.

With the Door tool active, click on the wrench and pencil icon in the mode bar. Set your door parameters here and then all the following doors will have the same options.

2 hours ago, simbob said:

In fact, just discovered, i can't insert any symbols into walls

With the Selection tool active, make sure the 4th icon in the mode bar - Wall Insertion Mode - is toggled on.

(The mode bar is across the top of the drawing window above the rulers.)

Kevin