Automatic revision list

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello Mike,

You could check out Sheet Revision Log worksheet created from Title Block Manager->Issue Manager. It creates list of all worksheet information in the current file.

Another worksheet you could see is Project Revision History, located in the same place. It is listing the Current Revision Number of each Issue, so, if you want to see only one row with Current Revision Number, you will have to create 1 Issue after all revisions were created and it will have its Current Revision Number the same as the Title Block Border's.

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

Cool.

But I am seeking more an automatic list.

So the list automatic updates, when i creating a new revision.

And it would be cool if it was possible to place the list on a sheet in our template and the list then expand, if we add more sheets to the file.

I now this maybe is a extreme example

At this time there is no default worksheet with this functionality.

One could be easily created though, using database row to filter Title Block Border objects and displaying their Current Revision Number value and maybe Sheet Number, in order to be able to distinguish the objects.

I am attaching a simple example. Check it out and you could modify it to work differently if you want to or use it without any change :).

P.S.

After you add new revisions you will have to simply go to the layer where the worksheet is(Revision List), right click on the worksheet and click Recalculate. And in order to modify the worksheet, right click and the Edit or throught Resource Manager.

Current Rev Num Worksheet.vwx

I have faced this issue when upgraded to 2018.  In fact you can do what you want, the trick is to use "issues" in lieu of "revisions", for some reasons they work better.  I created a custom worksheet and title block so they work together.  Once thing is that you cannot change things via spreadsheet - its a one way street from title block to spreadsheet, I talked to tech support and that is the way is set up, but it still works very well.