Wash beam edges are different

Hello

Sometimes the edge of wash fixtures are different, they are the same fixture in the same mode. When I run "Send the Vision" from Vectorworks the number of hard edged lamps change, sometimes it is 1, sometimes it is 3, sometimes it is 0 etc.

The fixture is a Sharpy Wash 330. The issue happens in both 19 and 22 channel mode.

Cheers,

Dan

Hard edge soft edge.jpg

Edited by DBLD
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hey Dan, this one is news to me, I've never seen that before. First, go to help>about vision or on mac: Vision>About Vision. What's the third number in the version # there? It should be 23.0.X.YYYYY, what's X?

Also, send me over that file to tech@vectorworks.net and I'll take a look. Which console are you using to control these?

Hey Edward,

It seems like a strange one, I feel like I have seen a similar thing on other wash fixtures but I didn't document it so I can't be 100% sure.

The version I am running is 23.0.3.417032.

I am using MA2 OnPC for control.

Funnily enough when I loaded up the file this morning there is no hard edged washes, and when I ran Send to Vision there is also no hard edged washes. 

I will send you the file.

Cheers,

Dan

Edited by DBLD
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Are these in a new file? Or an existing one? I talked to one of our engineers about it, and the only thing we can think of now is some sort of corrupted light info records in the Vectorworks file. Have those been edited? Or is this a super old file or something?

I have made a bunch of test files with different washes and controlling with an ma2onPC, and I can't get it to break. So I assume it has something to do with the VW file.

• 1 month later...

These are just standard VW fixtures. VW and Vision are completely up to date. It appears to happen randomly to different fixtures when Sending to Vision. If you save the file within Vision and close the program and reopen it, then reopen your file they are all fixed. I have also had a GLP X4 wash with a square face of light on the front of the fixture but with a circular beam, I have also had a wash with a circular face but a square beam of light. It seems to be different and random each time, and re-Sending to Vision will sometimes change which lights have have hard edges.

This happens with many VW files, not just this file I have shown you. New ones, old ones, any.

Cheers,

Dan