Grade object not showing elevation

I am using grade objects and wish to show the elevation at either end of the grade lines.  Show elevation is selected on the settings, but is not always shown.  Particuarly when grade objects are touching (intentionally), the elevations are missing. On some grades the elevations are showing but I can't see any difference in the settings. Any ideas how to get them to show?

thanks

Helen 

Screen Shot 2018-04-30 at 09.45.09.png

• 3 months later...

I'm still having this problem - I also cannot adjust the location of the % fall and arrow - sometimes they are offset, sometimes they are not, regardless of what I have shown on the global settings.  This is extremely annoying. Also these grades disappear - or sections of them do, even when I have only the class and layer on Active only. I have to select move forward to get them to appear. 

Anyone got any ideas?  Help!

228455789_ScreenShot2018-08-14at13_39_39.thumb.png.001ff911ebc6a2ba653f00828ef74eff.png

Ive been told these tools can be quirky. In a test file try decomposing or converting the grade objects to groups.  I had a similar issue with the roadway poly tool not showing elevations heights as an option.  Once I converted to a group or decomposed, that option became visible.  The down side is you have broken the functionality for adjusting.  As I said test this separately, not really a long term solution but it can work in a jam.  

All the grades shown in the screenshots above are created with the grade tool.  It is an excellent tool but there does appear to be a bug with it.  the grades randomly appear and disappear and I can only get them to reappear by 'sending to front', when there is nothing in front of them.  I've given up and added the missing elevations manually using text.