Serial Number Swap

Hello,

I'm an architect and I currently work on 3 separate computers : My desktop imac at work, my macbook pro laptop at home and worksites, and occasionally my windows laptop when working with softwares that are not compatible with mac.

My question is: is it possible to buy 1 Vectorworks liscence key and swap it depending on which computer i am using, since i only work on one of them at a time?

Than you,

Christine

Yes... maybe... mostly... Certainly the standard license allows install on multiple computers and checks to make sure only one is active. Pretty sure license can be on windows or mac and it still works that way. We use various combinations in our practice. Your local sales rep should confirm before you pay.

Thanks Matt and Cadplan Architecture, I think  buying an  additional licence for remote working away from the office is the ideal solution. Unfortunately i can't afford additional licenses now, but definitely something i am looking forward to in the future. I'll try to quit and change the license then. I just wanted to double check before doing it to make sure it wouldn't have any troubleshooting effects.

Thank you ! Will keep you posted if anything.

20 hours ago, Christinel said:

Thanks Matt and Cadplan Architecture, I think  buying an  additional licence for remote working away from the office is the ideal solution. Unfortunately i can't afford additional licenses now, but definitely something i am looking forward to in the future. I'll try to quit and change the license then. I just wanted to double check before doing it to make sure it wouldn't have any troubleshooting effects.

I've occationally left VW open on my laptop at home with the computer asleep. VW doesn't stop up from working on the computer the next day but I will get a message on home computer that night saying VW must quit due to being open twice. 

If you get into the habit of shutting down the computer or making sure VW quits a single license only used by you should be workable. 

22 hours ago, Christinel said:

If you want to use it on more than two computers without getting an additional license you could inquire for getting a license version that uses a dongle. However... I've heard they want to do away with dongles for practical purposes but that depends a bit on the local distributor. The advantage of a dongle license version is that you can install on as many computers as you want but you can only use it on the one that has the dongle attached. (Which is also a disadvantage if you happen to forget to take the dongle with you, then you can't use it at all).