Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Marionette script needs to be referenced

If the script is not referenced like the 3d components, then how can I make improvements to my library of articulating objects for use on multiple projects?

If i want to improve my script in my master file then it will NOT update all the objects already placed in my many projects....

Yes, I can make the plug-in a symbol but then I cannot set the articulation of each individual placement of the Marionette object in each project.

What am I doing wrong?

• Marionette Maven

I haven't tested this thoroughly, but you may be able to make the object a Red Symbol; when that's placed it will still allow you to change the Marionette Object.

The only thing is that it still wouldn't update your instances in other existing files if you update the script for it, but I can't think of any object that does.

Hi

Not sure, if I understand it right and not checked your example. But you could try to save your script network as a black symbol and  insert it into a Marionette PIO or a Marionette Wrapper. So you would be able to link the script to a central symbol definition and this could be referenced from an other document (not tested what happens to the Marionette Object). Does that work?

Script as Symbol.pdf

Script as Symbol.vwx