Braceworks selection issues

brooks gotham

Question

I am having many issues with braceworks but two are particularly problematic right now.  

1.  Braceworks is always loosing the "attachment" of objects to their hanging positions.  I.E. I have a hanging position and go to do the calculation and is says it is not supported. so I go and reattach my motors. go calculate again and not three random instrument are not attached, go re attach them, re calculate and now other lights are now not attached, repeat cycle until i am bald.  Very frustrating.  

2.  I select a hanging position (and its components) and run a calculation on selection.  It comes back with  a red box saying "selection not supported" that is in the middle of nowhere, not pointing to the truss that I have selected.   It might be pointing to a truss that is on the ground, not being supported except for the floor it is laying on,  in a layer turned off.  But the issue is that I cannot get it finish the calculation on the truss that I have actually selected.  

Any ideas why it is bound and determined to add things to the calculation that are not selected.

Also on the list of questions.  how do I get Braceworks to ignore certain objects like pipe and drape that is floor supported? or truss used as scenic pieces on the deck. 

I would like to use this software more but it has been very difficult to commit to deadlines because I don't know when it will let me down. 

Thanks so much.  

vw20180424.jpg

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet