Title Block Manager

MSLD

Question

I frequently have drawings with 150-200 sheets. Using the titleblock manager and hitting <Prev Next> to scroll through the sheets is excruciating. There should be a pulldown to go directly to the titleblock you want.

I've also noticed that once I get more than 50 sheets, the titleblock manager takes forever to open, so I tend to avoid using it.

5 answers to this question

Gotca! Could you use the Navigation Palette to more quickly find the sheet you're looking for?

I think this has been requested before, but it would be  good if the Navigation Palette allowed for nesting in a hierarchical view similar to the way Classes may be viewed in the the OIP

We desperately need a better way to manage sheets, sets, issues, and revisions.   Now that we are supposed to have everything in 1 file the sheet count is too large to use the same simplistic management tools we used before.  The decentralized data management, with every titleblock being the keeper of its data,  does not scale with 100+ sheets.  

The new title block tool was a real let down as it meant a doubling down on this old system.  The new title block tool took everything that was working with the old title block - wrapped it up in a more complicated and convoluted style system - without adding any of the needed or missing functionality.  

We need a CENTRALIZED data management center for sheets, issues, revisions, and sets.  This would then PUSH the data out to the sheets, rather than worksheets receiving data from the individual title blocks.   This could allow for a new simpler U/I that @MSLD is talking about. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Tom Klaber said:

We desperately need a better way to manage sheets, sets, issues, and revisions....

We need a CENTRALIZED data management center for sheets, issues, revisions, and sets. 

Agreed, I've toyed with the new system & have kept a series of symbol based Title blocks. If I were designing a Sheet/Title Block / Revision system it would be graphics based - ie double click on the title block to create or amend. Secondly I'd update the Navigation Pallet to what Tom describes as a Centralized manager; graphic in nature so one had folders & sub folders from CD through Permit Construction & Contract Admin; like what is physically represented in an office works with sticks & binders.