acdeslx

Stopping a render

Hi all.

I know this seems basic.

I'm trying to stop a render of a very complicated file. Every time I change a view, it wants to re-render the drawing which is set to a RW Final Quality and takes hours to render.

I try <ESCAPE>, I try clicking on a menu but nothing will stop the render at least for about 20 mins or so.

I'm going to change the option in preferences so that it asks if I want to re-render automatically but until that point... is there a way to stop a render in progress that I'm missing?

All my cores and most of my memory is maxed-out while it's doing this but I can still run other programs so the computer is still accepting input.

Ideas?

Thanks.

Dave H.

That 20min delay is the main core thread being occupied, which unfortunately is the thread that also listens for the Cancel command, so until that initial phase of the rendering finishes, it can't be stopped. Adding this to an existing wish for instant cancel-ability on design layer renders.

• Like 1