Window Schedule in wallstyle

Would a way to display the wall style a door is in in a worksheet be enough? I am pretty sure I can write a worksheet script to return the Wall Style that a door in wall is inserted into. 

I am not certain I can get a database to be limited to doors that are in certain styles of walls.

Alternatively, a script could store the Wall Style into one of the User Fields (or a custom record format) and you could use that to limit the database. But if a Wall Style changed you would have to remember to run the script again or you will get incorrect information.

Thanks for the input. @Pat Stanford 

I hoped there was a easy way to list all symbols inserted in walls, by wall style. It could have been an easy way to count doors and separate between interiors walls and exterior, especially in the early phase of a project when doors is just doors and not defined by types.

I managed to figure how to count my symbols sorting by layers and symbol name. 

You can do this with a simple worksheet script in a database row that returns objects that can be inserted in walls. It will return the name of the wall style each object is inserted in.  If you include a =Count column and Summarize on the Wall Style, you should get a count of how many objects are in walls of each Wall Style.

Either create a vectorscript in the document with the following script OR save it as a text document into the Application/Workgroup/User folder  Libraries:Defaults:Reports~Schedules folder. I used the name GetParentWallStyle, but you can use whatever name you want. It just has to match how you call the function.

If the script is in the document use  =RunScript('GetParentWallStyle').  If you put it in the library use =RunScript(120,'GetParentWallStyle.txt')

Procedure GetParentWallStyle;

{April 24, 2018}
{© 2018,2016, Pat Stanford pat@coviana.com}
{Licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License}

{No Warranty Expressed or Implied. Use at your own risk}

{Returns Walls Style Name of the wall each object}
{in the database that is inserted in a wall is in.}

Var	H1:Handle;

Begin
	H1:=WSScript_GetObject; 
	WSScript_SetResStr(GetWallStyle(GetParent(H1)));

End;

Run(GetParentWallStyle);

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi @Pat Stanford 

You seems to always have a good answer to worksheet questions so I ask you directly (-:

I have a worksheet listing symbols ( windows ) The symbols is made with the window tool. 

=DATABASE((NOTINREFDLVP & NOTINDLVP & INOBJECT & INSYMBOL & (T=SYMBOL) & (L<>'Hurda og gluggayfirlit UTI') & (L<>'Hurda og gluggayfirlit INNI') & (S='UG*')))

The criteria is listing all windows starting with UG

How can I get the rough opening with ( or any other window record )  as a column in my worksheet?

='Window'.'OverallWidth' does not work -  What is missing?

TIA

Hans-Olav