drawing in portrait and presenting in landscape

Hi all.

Sorry for all the questions.

(If anyone needs help with landscaping questions, send me a message) Maybe a way of me giving back to the forum.

I like to design in the orientation of the block. having it with the front of the block to the bottom and the back to the top.

However this causes a problem with long blocks when I go to fit it on a page in landscape orientation.

Is it best practice to flip the viewport 90deg? However all the text would be wrong.

Or

Is it better to flip the completed design. Then do all the tags and notes last, so they are in the correct orientation when in landscape?

Or

Is there a better way?

Thanks

You could use rotated plan view to set out the items and then turn back to normal view to add the texts etc. if you want them to be on the design layer.

Another option is to put the drawing in the rotation you want, then create the viewport and then put all texts in the annotation layer of the viewport itself.

4 hours ago, Art V said:

You could use rotated plan view to set out the items and then turn back to normal view to add the texts etc. if you want them to be on the design layer.

Another option is to put the drawing in the rotation you want, then create the viewport and then put all texts in the annotation layer of the viewport itself.

Thanks ArtV