Your Opinion Wanted - Scripters, Marionetters, and those who want to be

There are many ways to customize Vectorworks to better fit your needs. You can script in VectorScript or in PythonScript. You can create a Marionette network. You can create a custom worksheet. What you have not been able to do until now is find an in-person place to interact with others also interested in customizing VW.

Michael Klaers and Pat Stanford (all around Good Dudes™ and frequent posters on the forum) would like to change that. But we need to judge if there is sufficient interest to make it worth our time to do the organizing.

We have posted a short survey. 10 questions. You can answer them all in less than 2 minutes. Give us 10 minutes and you can have massive input into the event. We are truly interested in your responses, regardless of if you like the idea or not, we would like to get your feedback so we can see a broad cross section of users.

The survey is posted at https://www.supersimplesurvey.com/survey/20404/conference-interest

No personal information is required. We won't spam you. We just have this idea and want to see if others are with us.

Thanks in advance. We hope the interest exists and we will see you at the first annual Customization Conference.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Sadly I won't be able to come to the DS this year, but I do like the idea.

I'd say it should be even part of the DS, but I guess our numbers are probably to small for Vectorworks to invest their valuable time of the summit. Then again my opinion is that if you have zero custom scripts/tools/addons active in your workspace, you are doing it wrong and need help :)

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...