stairs

Hi I am creating a short set of outdoor concrete steps and when I look at it in plan it looks as it should, but when I switch to 3d theres a n extra step at the bottom of the stair?

Attached are a couple of images, plan view and right view. The steps should end at the edge of the wall as shown in plan, but when viewed in 3D they go past the wall?

Is there a setting Im missing?

Thank you for any help

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 11.27.37 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 11.27.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 11.35.47 AM.png

Years ago I gave up on stair tools. I try them with each version of VW but I don't EVER use any of the stair tools.

Modelling a 3D stair as hybrid symbol for me is the way to go as:

-Takes less time

- Doesn't crash the system

- Is less confusing

- Allows one to create what should be built

- Makes a proper graphic representation

- One may duplicate a stair you've modelled both in a document & between documents

• Like 2
On 18/04/2018 at 4:37 PM, mattryan said:

I am creating a short set of outdoor concrete steps

Hi Matt - Just interested to know why you chose to use the stair tool especially when the results started to give you grief.

(In despair) I think I would have just created the few steps as an in-place extruded shape, especially as you didn't need the extras - handrail etc.

Or was it "I'm going to fix this if it kills me" (which is fair comment for seasoned VW users ;))

Good fix from others.

• Like 1

Being a stair veteran I switched back to using the simple stair tool not the updated "stair tool". Simple stair isn't perfect but if you tread carefully and don't rise(er) to the bait it's ok. It looks like Matt is using the "stair tool" which is fraught with issues (in my opinion) :-)

• Like 1

Simple stair is good you can have twists and turns in the one stair where you can’t in the new tools.

Using extrude you will have to create auto hybrid otherwise it’s transparant in top plan view.

dor simple stairs most of the stair tools are ok but agree need improvements with handrails and balustrades.