Alternative to Apple Wiki Server?

Apple is deprecating their Wiki Server software. Which is a shame because we love it, we use it for everything that needs to be written down; project notes, office manual, knowledge base, checklists, etc.

Problem is I'm having a lot of trouble finding a suitable replacement. The only thing that comes close is Confluence but even then it doesn't match Apple's ease of use.

Any suggestions?

Hi Christiaan 

We have the same problem. Have been using the apple wiki a lot on the old server and need a replacement.

We moved our mail server to outlook.365, and as part of the oneDrive there is a wiki option. I haven't had time to study the options yet but the first impression is  not as easy or straight forward as the old wiki.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

I am so late to post this but wanted to share incase other come across this in their search.  Our office was a very heavy user of the Apple Server and we have started to use SamePage as a replacement.  Does exactly what we were utilizing the wiki for but better.  There is a cost for it but very reasonable charge for the service.  https://www.samepage.io 

Thanks for the link @Anne Here's an update from me half a year later (-:

We still use a Mac mini for file sharing and homepage hosting but has moved all other services off the server. 

• email / contacts / calendars / is office365 
  • document sharing to clients and contractors - sharepoint / one drive
  • Wiki is moved to sharepoint and was quite easy to learn and is not far from the wiki on our old apple server.
  • Backup is Crashplan 
  • Like 1