model origin in section viewport

What about placing a locus on the user origin of a design layer and cutting and pasting it in place in a section viewport annotation?

in theory it should past at the origin point of the section view.

There is also a setting on the elevation benchmark tool that will reference the z height on the section (can't remember what it is called exactly).

i don't think there is an origin point as such in section and elevation viewports.

im interested to know why you want to know that?

If you use the benchmark tool with "Y value relative to reference elevation" you can at least work out the z=0 height. But it looks like you have figured that out.

I'm trying to create a kind of benchmark that could also modify the Story levels. I can do that, but then the section viewport needs to be positioned so that the origin of the model in the viewport matches the origin of the sheet layer. I'm trying to modify it so that it would work also when, the section viewport is positioned elsewhere on the sheet layer.

I have been thinking about the elevation benchmark tool, but I can't read the indicated height value from the PIO object, there's no parameter for that...