• Announcements

• JimW

How to use the Wishlist   09/21/2016

Create a new post here, stating both what you would like to see added to Vectorworks or it's supporting systems and web pages and why you would like that change made. If you see an idea you like, press the ^ arrow to the left of the post's title to promote that idea or feel free to comment on that idea with any additional considerations or concerns you may have. 
Jim Smith

Images in worksheets

Question

There are times I want a very quick worksheet and don't want to build a new database. In many of these cases I would also like to include an image. Presently I have to add viewports floating on top of these worksheets it would be helpful to have the ability to include an image into a worksheet that's not a database to make this process that much less time consuming. 

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

You can do that now, but an even simpler way would still be useful.

The image function can be used in a spreadsheet cell this a criteria that specifies a single object the the drawing. The easiest criteria of this type is to Name the object (bottom of each pane of the OIP. Then use a formula like:

=IMAGE(((N='Make_Me_An_Image')))

You will probably have to format the Cell as an image to get the right size and rendering mode. WS format menu: Cells : last tab is Image.

Thanks Pat, I'll try that method. The last time I checked the forum about this issue, the reply was that a worksheet need to be a database for an image to reside in the worksheet. 

While worksheets are miles better than they were only a few years back, I hope that they continue to get some work so they're more like Excel or Google or Mac versions/

Posted (edited)

So I think I have the criteria correct, but the result is 0. When I establish the Function & Criteria I do get a return of one item that meets the definition, & I have set the cell as an image.  Note this is just a worksheet and NOT a database Any thoughts?

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 16.36.37 (2).png

Edited by Jim Smith

That looks like a resource name or a symbol name, not the name that you typed into the bottom of the OIP.

If it is a symbol AND it is placed in the drawing (anywhere), Try:

=IMAGE(((S='Symbol-1')))

And make sure you don't have any extra spaces before the equals or after the last paren.

Obviously, change the Symbol-1 to the correct symbol name. Sorry if I am being overly explicit.