Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links Read more... ×
ericjhberg

Set Fill to None

I can't seem to figure out how to set an objects fill to none using any of the nodes present in the default library. Is there a Fill Style set of nodes I am missing? I've been able to figure out how to set fills, but not adjust the fill style to none. Any ideas?

If you use the attributes node, whatever the attributes OF the attributes node are will be passed to the input object. So set the attributes node fill to none and you should be good to go. 

• Like 1

@Marissa Farrell Yes that will work, but it will change all of the other attributes as well.

I have not had a lot of time to play, but I think that the SetFill tile when passed an iPattern of 0 (zero) will provide the solution.

I just tested in  VectorScript and the using the SetFPat procedure (which is what is used in the node definition) with a value of zero sets the fill to None.

Not readily documented anywhere except my and a few others "Corporate Memory."  Positive values give Fill Patterns. Negative values give Vector Fills (Hatches) and that leaves good old Zero for No Fill.

• Like 1

Yet again...awesome. Thank you all so much. The Fill Pattern set to 0 works like a charm. I would have never figured this one out.