Table Of Contents in Spotlight

Hello All,

I am building a template file my company and I am trying to find a way to make a Table of Contents for our cover page that will automatically update sheet numbers and names as I make edits to my sheet layers. From doing some research there seems to be a way to do this is the Architectural version of VWX but I have not found a way to do this in Spotlight. Right now I have to go in and edit the title block and then I have a text box in which I type in the sheet numbers and names but I have to do this every time I change or edit a sheet which is quite frequent. This has become quite a annoyance for me and for my team. Please tell me there is a better way to do this so it all just works automatically and we can all do a little less thinking about this. I have dropped in a photo of what I normally setup. Let me know what you think. Thanks 

Table of Contents.PNG

In the Title Block Manager there is an Issue Manager button on the bottom left of the dialogue box. This has all sorts of options you should explore. The "Project issue history" option seems like a good place to start. I think this is the closest built-in solution to what you are after.

I hope that's helpful.

Kevin,

That seemed to work for me. Maybe you can also tell me if there is a way to make it break up horizontally kind of like the picture you sent. Basically Im trying to fit this across the bottom of my page so after about 7 sheets I would like it to make a new column for sheets 8-16 and then go into another column and so on so all this can fit into the orientation I have set up. Is this possible or do I need to change the look of my whole cover page?

• 1 year later...
On 4/12/2018 at 2:50 PM, Jakepforbes said:

Kevin,

That seemed to work for me. Maybe you can also tell me if there is a way to make it break up horizontally kind of like the picture you sent. Basically Im trying to fit this across the bottom of my page so after about 7 sheets I would like it to make a new column for sheets 8-16 and then go into another column and so on so all this can fit into the orientation I have set up. Is this possible or do I need to change the look of my whole cover page?

@Jakepforbes Did you ever find a solution for this? I have a similar need to break up a report due to height restrictions.

Also to the rest of the community, when creating a report to use as table of contents, how can  I go about filtering out specific sheets? I have various sheets that are just for sketch purposes and I don't want them included in my TOC. I have  "print" and "non-print" filters created to help me when navigating my sheet layers... Can I leverage those filters when creating a report? 

Edit: Found some solutions to filtering out specific sheets from these lists. 

Edited by Daniel Dickman