Onink

Group in viewport shown as wireframe

Question

I have a problem with my viewports.

Whenever I want to show my elements that are grouped or a symbol, they are displayed as an wireframe.

It doesn't matter if I'm in Open GL or a renderstyle.

When I ungroup them the problem is solved, but that's not how it should work.

Has anyone else experienced this?

7 answers to this question

when grouping or converting to a symbol new attributes are assigned, double check the the group attributes match the elements within it.

What do you mean with matching the group attributes with the elements within?

When I create a group with my solids that are in 2 or 3 different classes it should be just fine.

This never happened in VW 2016

Are you able to post an example file or a screen shot? That would help us to track down the issue for you. I have seen groups render differently but never consistently.

Kevin

Kevin, here's an example.

As you can see I've got three cabinets, which were the same symbol.

I've made one into a group and one ungrouped.

I wonder what could be the issue.

In the meanwhile I'm going to download SP 3, let's find out what the've fixed...

Symbol group and solids.vwx

I'm seeing the same thing when rendering in Hidden Line both on a design layer or in a sheet layer viewport. It seems to only affect true views (Front, Side, Back etc.) not 3d views. I think its a bug related to Hidden Line rendering. The workaround mentioned in another thread is to create a section viewport to look at the object from the front instead. Not really ideal since section viewports have to regenerate and then re-render. Here is a screen shot showing the different types of viewports and how they render -

5ad4bb787aeef_ScreenShot2018-04-16at8_01_59AM.thumb.png.16cbd753b4a17d45c602ba165a0177b1.png

There are two other similar forum threads I know of -

@JimW are you able to add this thread to a previous bug submission or should we bug submit it again?

Kevin

Added this and the other thread to a recently made bug on the topic in 2018: VB-149108

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JimW said:

Added this and the other thread to a recently made bug on the topic in 2018: VB-149108

Thanks Jim!

KM