Andy Broomell

RM "No Items to View"

Question

Inspired by this post, but also because I've seen other users get stuck because of the same issue...

When the Resource Manager is set to filter a specific type of Resource, but none exist in the file that's being viewed, there is a message which simply reads "There are no items to show in this view." Because this isn't particularly helpful, there should also a button which says "Switch to viewing all resource types" that you can click to switch the filter to All Resources (same as the dropdown). Or something similar.

I'd use it too, even though I'm familiar with the dropdown - it's faster and more apparent.

5ace943317801_ScreenShot2018-04-11at3_58.24PMcopy.thumb.jpg.1c139b546433e3d6a0fb45da3ac9c86c.jpg

Note this would also be applicable to searching the RM, when there are no results in the filtered resource type, but there are results of another kind.

• Like 2

1 answer to this question

This is a good idea. And while we're at it, I would love to see the resource sorting categories drop-down available from the contextual right-click menu, up there next to 'View As' & 'Sort By'. I'm in favor less mouse movement and fewer clicks in general.

On a somewhat related note, when I'm creating a new resource from the contextual menu while sorting by the images category (for example), I would like to see all resource types available for creation rather than just images (that is, always display 'New Resource in…' rather than getting specific with 'New Image in…' [or whatever category I'm sorting by]). Again, less mouse movement and fewer clicks is the mantra. It's for this reason that I generally shy away from sorting by category, and opt for using the search bar from 'All Resources' instead. I'm an organization freak, and appreciate the additional tools, but organization should facilitate workflow, not hinder it as this does for me.

I'll stop now since this is turning into a separate topic of it's own. 😎