DXF Export Visibility

I wonder if others are having this issue with Exporting to ACAD from a Sheet View. I find that even if I select the radio button Invisible Classes Are: NOT EXPORTED objects are indeed exported. While Sheet View is the most convenient option, I find to minimize disasters, I have to export a PDF set of the Sheets to be shared, then export Design Layers. Is there a better way to do this?  

when I export to ACAD my invisible classes are not exported (I just checked) and I always do it from sheets (I have all my annotations in viewport rather than on design layer), VW 2018.  The only shortcoming of this set up that I see is that the dimensions are "exploded" and are just groups in paper space.

peculiar indeed. I have replicated your settings and I am still getting the right result. I am sure you have opened and closed VW, have you tried a new file just for testing purposes? I have had corrupt files sometimes, usually very complex.  The only other explanation is that I am importing DWG back to VW but it would be very strange if for some reason VW reads DWG in a different way than ACAD

Off the top of my head, I think that perhaps the Export is using the Design Layer Layer/Class visibility settings, not the Viewport settings.

I think you may need to manually change the Layer/Class visibilities (and probably make a saved view so you can do it easier next time) to get what you want.

Hopefully someone can tell me that I am wrong.

21 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I just did an export to our Mechanical Engineer of a Reflected Ceiling Plan, and he gets all the furniture, doors & door swings, windows and the few bits of text hidden on a design layer. I wonder if there is a setting I'm missing.

Untitled.jpeg

These setting should work and only provide the classes/layers that are visible, at least it does that for me.

One thing I can think of is that you have objects whose class is set to invisible but that are part of a symbol or group in a different class and as a result that invisible class gets exported as well with possibly all objects in that class. This is just a guess, so I would have to test it to know for sure.

1 hour ago, Art V said:

One thing I can think of is that you have objects whose class is set to invisible but that are part of a symbol or group in a different class and as a result that invisible class gets exported as well with possibly all objects in that class. 

That may be an issue with some furniture & Doctor's exam rooms, so I'l check that but should not be the case for door swings in the SILLS Class...