Lights not rendering correctly.

Matthew Geschke

Question

I'm fairly new to using vectorworks and currently in a class in undergrad for entertainment design. Today I was working on including lights in a project for class and it ended up stumping both me and my teacher. I had the lights focused on a point on the floor and had them turned on, but they would not render while using Open GL. I restarted the program twice and the lights still would not show up when I turned on Open GL. Am I doing something incorrectly with rendering these lights? The file is included. 

Wortham (1).xml

6 answers to this question

Sorry about that, the .vwx file is included. I had to include the backup because the file I had crashed the most recent time I used Open GL. I don't have shadows enabled, the shutters are also all open on the lights if that was another problem. This backup does have all the lights turned on, but I did turn off all of the lights and then turned one on, which caused vectorworks to crash for some reason. 

Wortham_(1)-Backup-20180411110315.vwx

I opened the file and you had "Use Shadows" enabled in the Open GL options. I turned them off and all the lights showed up...

5ace355982c86_ScreenShot2018-04-11at17_16_55.thumb.png.a5b5d76a9fbd1dedf8f6956ba89bd618.png5ace35ae69201_ScreenShot2018-04-11at17_19_29.thumb.png.c1350fbac9d0002f00cbb74588e3c1e9.png

If your file is crashing it may be that there is a problem with your computer's graphics card, but I am no expert however I know that Vectorworks can make intensive use of the graphics card.

Edited by markdd

Not dumb. It's counter-intuitive to NOT want to see shadows from spotlights. However for the time being this is how it is with Vectorworks and Open GL.

(BTW Is that the Wortham in Houston?)

If you are having issues with your computer then this article is excellent.