Window Schedule Editng

Hello all,

I know VERY little about Schedules in VW, so bear with please.

I have my window ID set to on schedule and I have created a Window Schedule below.

schedule.thumb.png.9cb3003e6496cbd1b9a8e764685f171b.png

Two Questions:

1.   How can I make the green highlighted row disappear? I know it is full of data base stuff and I need it to auto fill the schedule. I just don't want to see it.

EDIT:  I FIGURED THIS ONE OUT.

2.   How can I make the column SILL (which doesn't have data base stuff in it) show the window sill lengths?  Or at least have a text box in each cell I can type the info into like the NOTES column.

Thanks

bc

Edited by bc

1.  View>Uncheck Database Headers.  (The View menu in the worksheet, not the main program View menu)

2.  Before you do #1, put this in the cell 3F:  

=('Window'.'SillExt'*2)+'Window'.'OverallWidth'

This will read the sill extension from the window settings, double it and add the window width.

PS.  If you want to put any other data use the call

='Window'.'UserFld1' ... ='Window'.'UserFld10'

There are 10 user fields in windows that you can use for any data you want.  You can also see them in settings.  Select a window > OIP Settings > Data. At the bottom of the list are 10 user fields.

A "call" is what you type into that database header row.  It always starts with an equal sign and then a function or field in a record.  Like =WIDTH or ='record'.'field'

It's probably has a real name.  "Call" is what I've heard it called.

To switch the format of the dimension right click on one of the cells in the Sills column with a decimal value, choose Format Cells > Number Tab > Check Dimension.   All the cells in that column will use the default document dimension format.

I would use the term Function instead of Call.  In most programming languages you "Call" a function when you want to use it, so the terms have kind of overlapped.

While the =Record.Field is kind of a special case, it is very similar to all of the other functions that you can put into a cell using the Insert:Function worksheet menu.

It is confusing.  Now that object attributes (=ALL - =WST) are lumped into the database column header pulldown with the functions (Arc Cosine - Z Coordinate) it makes sense to call all of them functions.  But I still think of retrieving data from a field in a record as a database call".