Any C4D users here?

Hi guys, I've just started using C4D after several years of Vectorworks+ArtLantis. 
I have one very annoying issue with my exports in regards of mapping surfaces to the geometry from VW in C4D.

C4D can't "read" the shapes, and when I try to attach different textures to these geometries. 

As you can see from my attached image, my material will not attach to the surface I've chosen correctly.

The problem mainly occurs when I have objects in an angle related to the normals in a drawing.

Anyone else with this issue - and hopefully an easy fix?

Skjermbilde 2018-04-10 kl. 08.18.16.png

No uv unwrapping needed.

In C4D I would do this as two materials: 

First the grey base color - apply that to your geometry and you can set the Projection type to UV or Cubic - since it is a solid color, it doesn't matter. 

For the decal, make a separate material with your JPEG as the diffuse channel.  Apply it to the geometry and you should get a second tag right next to your base grey.  Set the projection type for this tag to FLAT - be sure to uncheck Tile.  Then switch from Model mode to Texture mode and enable Axis mode (buttons on the left side of viewport) - you should now be able to scale, rotate and position your decal on your geometry.  See attached.

e.

C4D_Decal_01.jpg

Edited by EAlexander
  • Like 1