Surfaces on sheet layer

Hi,

I have created a building in 3D, and now its time to do some sheet layer magic :)

I want to create views looking from the top on the different layers, and done this by creating section views.

So far so good.

Now is my quistion, is it possible to show surfaces in my sheet layer.

For example. I have tiles (texture) on my floors in the 3D. But in my sheet layer, is the floor just white. Is it possible to shov the lines for the tiles, or maybe attach an hatch :)

something to test:

If your sheet layer viewport is rendered in OpenGL (background), the render options for OGL need to have Textures enabled.  This is in the viewport OIP>Background Render Options.

Hidden line will ignore the textures and just provide the linework.  Yes, you can add hatch as annotation to the VP.

But, better way is to try OGL background render plus Hidden Line foreground render.

HTH

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw

You should also investigate Surface Hatches. All textures can have the ability to have a Hatch aligned to the texture for just the purpose you describe. That way, if you render in Hidden Line, details like a brick course or a Mesh shape can show up as well without you having to add a hatch I the annotation Layer which can be very laborious.

There's plenty in the Help files about this and It works really well. Come back with any questions.