Lens changing position in 3D View

I'm trying to glow the lenses on some Chauvet Epix Strip IP fixtures.  I went in to the Resource Manager and edited the 3D Component of the fixture and applied the proper texture to the glass to make it glow.  I then re-grouped the lens with the rest of the fixture and now the lens appears in a different orientation than the fixture.  The fixture is hanging on an angle, but this shouldn't cause the lens to suddenly shift.  I've done this before with success and I've done this before with the same exact results.  What am I doing wrong to cause this?

Screen Shot 2018-04-07 at 12.13.14 AM.png

Make sure that you really did put the lens in the same group as the “body “ part of the symbol. Also, when you are inside the symbol there should be no more that 4 objects or groups of objects. All should have parts records apart from the 4th which should be a 3D locus.

It also looks as though the stray object may be a planar object. It needs to be a 3D object like an extrude or a Nurbs surface.

Edited by markdd
  • 1 year later...