Mysterious Disappearances

This is not really a plea for help. It's more of a cry for sympathy.

In VWA 11.0 on Windows XP, I had created a Viewport Sheet from three separate layers: Schedules 3/32", Elevations 1/4", Border 1:1. The Design layer contained three seperate columns of Schedules (text boxes with tabs). As I was editing one of the schedules #3, an AutoSave occurred and caused the text box to collapse from "edit" to "selected". A few moments later I discovered that Schedule #1 (several grouped text boxes) had disappeared.... Permanently. The AutoSave had saved the blank space.

Thus, about two hours work was lost. I had made a backup on CD before starting, so there's no record of my weekend labor. To add insult to injury, I went back to the Viewport sheet and discovered that the port for the schedules had also disappeared. I had previously lost half of Schedule #1 when an AutoSave interrupted the text edit.

This is my first experience with ViewPorts. And it hasn't been smooth sailing. From time to time chunks of text disappear, and arrowheads on arc leaders disappear, and later reappear. From time to time one of the three design layers in a viewport disappears. At first I thought it was just my clumsiness and forgetfulness. But now I think something fishy is going on in the VW11. Am I the only one to suspect a conspiracy?

There, I feel better now. Maybe someday I'll find all of those missing layers and ports, along with some of my missing mateless socks. Now I can go back and re-create that schedule,and that viewport . . .Again. Thanks for listening. JE