Issue with un-styled text

Mondegreene

Question

I think this started when I updated to VW2018; I'm running it on Windows 10.

When I create an object such as text or a dimension, the text style defaults to un-styled.  Unfortunately the un-styled text renders incorrectly and I have to change it to see the text.  Apparently the un-styled text is rendering about 214' tall - it took me a while to eventually zoom out far enough to realize that was the problem.  Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a way to change the default text style to something other than un-styled, or to change the "un-styled" text style?

Here are some images - I drew a dimension on a 3" square, which makes the text look like a thin wide line.  Second image is zoomed out far enough to see the 214'-tall text.  Third image is after changing the text style - it now displays correctly.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

3 answers to this question

With Unstyled Text, the size, font, etc are controlled by the current settings in the drawing.

Make sure that nothing is selected in the drawing and then go to the Text Menu and change the font size to something reasonable. The next time you select the Text tool it should use that setting. If you make the change with anything selected in the drawing it will only change that one object not the settings for the file.

• Like 2

Thank you Pat!  It was happening for me on all files, new and old.  I created a new document and selected 10pt font size with nothing selected, and now it is defaulting to that.  I think it used to be 10pt or 12pt, so I never had the need to change the unstyled size before; not sure how it got changed to 9999999pt font or whatever it was doing before.  Fixed now!