GlennD

Reference file to site plan

I'm developing multiple schematic design options to place on a larger existing site plan file in Vectorworks 2018. I've also created a viewport with a new design layer for the referenced Schematic Design building to be placed, for insertion in the site plan.

I'm unable to view the site plan (as the two files may be quite a distance apart) so that I'm unable to view both building and site plan. Does someone have a good method for inserting referenced files in proximity to a site plan? Also, I wasn't sure if the referenced file needs to have an absolute reference to the site file, I just wasn't sure of the option and what it may entail.

Thanks, Glenn

Alan, thank you so much, that was the case. The building model was at 1/8" scale while the site plan was at 1"=20ft. Last question: is there a way of inserting a reference to a specific origin point or distance from a point on the site plan? that seems to be an issue that I couldn't find in VW.

@GlennDHi Glad that worked. Reference points. I will set the (0,0) user Origin at the same point on all the files that form the references, make sure the rotation is the same in each file. When you reference the file in it should land in the correct spot. So this is for a referenced viewport.