Problems updating Vectorworks 2010 Update SP4

flowerpower

Question

Hi

Its been a very long time since I used my Vectorworks 2010 software. I have loaded it onto my laptop ok.  I am  having problems updating it with the VW 2010 SP4. Every time I try to update it, an error message come up. 

Attempting Vectorworks 2010 update to SP4:
update fails with the following message:

"Server responded:
<title>404 Not Found</title>
An unexpected response was received from the web server. This could be due to a proxy server intercepting the connection. Please contact support for more information."

Please can someone help me/

Many thanks FP. 

4 answers to this question

Hiya!  Are you running into these troubles when downloading the Service Pack, or when running the Service Pack (after it's been downloaded)?

If it's the former, then you may want to try using the following download page to get another copy of the installer.  If the download fails, you could try downloading with another browser, or an incognito/private window.

http://www.vectorworks.net/downloads/ServicePack?major=2010&servicepack=4&language=1

If you're running into troubles when running that installer, that could be a bit more tricky.  We might want to try right clicking the installer, and then running as administrator.

I hope that's of some help, and let me know how it goes!  :) 

Hmm, I'm sorry to hear that.  I'm assuming it might be gone (I think this happened for one of the older SP updaters, I believe).  I believe the SP3 installer should work for VW2010, but am unsure if any others will at this time.  I'll keep an eye out and keep you posted should I find something, but no guarantees.