Gadget

Importing existing tree dataset coordinate issue

Question

Hi all, I am new to Vectorworks,  so I am hoping this is a simple fix, where I have just missed a step along the way. 

I have downloaded some existing tree data for Bristol online. I have a xls file that I have converted to a tad delimited .txt file.  Within the file there are x and y column headers as well as id, names etc for many other parameters. 

I have created a new class and activated this , (i presume trees will use the activated class when created)

In the import existing tree box I have selected everything that makes sense, only adding relevant parameters, for me this is the coord and name. 

I click... and then it says that location information is missing i say yes anyway  and it puts all the information just off to the left of my current map.  X and Y are consistent with my geolocated map that i am working with.... 

Any ideas? Why the warning 

Many thanks in advance, 

cumberlandtrees.txt

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ah looks like its all being brought in using the internal origin. But my coordinates are fixed through the user origin, so what wouldnt x y data be brought in at the user?

Edited by Gadget

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet