Diego-Resuelvectorworks

macOS High Sierra and Vectorworks 2018

Hi everyone, I'm currently running Vectorworks 2018 with macOS Sierra on a Mac Book Pro corei7 with 16 fo RAM , so i'm planning to do a clean install of macOS High Sierra, but I'm seeing mixed reviews about the speed of both OS, my question is, is worth upgrading to High Sierra? In your experience, it performs better or not?

I've been running high Sierra on both a 2016 MacBook Pro and 2010 Mac Pro with no major hiccups, only known issue bugs but not related to the OS.

I have mac mini 2011 server, also i7 and 16 ram, no slowdown, in fact somewhat smoother, but not by much.  On another mac mini newer and faster and the one definitely runs great.  Over all I don't see much difference when it comes to vectorworks.  In fact I have not noticed improvements in OS that much, I mostly update for security reasons, though who knows.

• Like 1

As far as I remember there were no reports that high sierra would be slower

on older hardware than previous systems (Like the systems before).

Some claimed that it would be even faster but I think that is more related

to the fact that all cashes get cleaned up while upgrading :)