Multiple GPU

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 3/31/2018 at 6:36 PM, Gaspar Potocnik said:

Does Vectorworks and/or Vision get any benefit from a system with multiple GPUs?

Vectorworks can not utilize more than a single GPU.

Vision is capable of taking advantage of multiple GPUs configured in SLI.

• 2 years later...

Hi

Waking up an old thread here. I have 1070 card in my Vision workstation and I want to upgrade it. Will Vision be able to use multiple different GPU's?. I have a 1070 now and would maybe add a 2080, or should I get the exact same card again, so the GPUs are identical?

thank you

Yeah, that would make sense. Especially since the 1070 is still one of the faster models and is well equipped with 8GB VRAM. I would certainly look at used ones there as well. You can save a lot of money there.

Just make sure that you are not limited by VRAM. The model must be loaded as a whole into the VRAM of both cards. The fact that both cards together now have twice as much VRAM does not mean that you have twice as much available.

Nevertheless, the additional shader units can bring better performance to Vision. How much that will be, I can't say, though, because I'm not using SLI or Vision. Maybe another user here has some experience?

I am trying to figure out if I can fit another card on the mainboard I have, if so I will get another identical 1070 (ti) and post my findings here too

my Vision machine has 1x: ASUS 90YV0BI0-M0NA00 ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Advanced

on a: Asus ROG Strix B350 Gaming Motherboard Socket AM4 ATX

Hopefully this mainboard can deal with it. I have spent the whole day trying to confirm this, for an old school mac user its quite the jungle out there.