Student License Extension Request

Hi! I tried to renew my student license, but it doesn't work.  Specifically, each time  I had completed installment, a window pops up saying that "Vectorworks cannot be activated because your software license has expired", although I installed the renewed student license. I have provided my proof of enrollment as well. I don't understand what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions how to deal with this issue?

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

@JimW 

Hi Jim, 

I tried renewing my student license, before the software expired. I sent a request for an extension a couple of weeks before it actually expired thinking when the expiration date arrived it would automatically extend but alas that did not happen and it expired on me. Well, nowI have sent another extension request, so i just wanted to know how long it takes to approve or how long ill have to wait for my VW to startup again.

cheers

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 minute ago, JessicalucyS said:

Hi, I am also getting this pop-up however when I login to Vectorworks online there are no issues with my account.

Approved, looks like it may have gotten stuck on our end. It should be emailing you shortly.

1 hour ago, cormactierney said:

@JuanP Hi there, I have requested an extension on my student license and as I am in the middle of my masters I'm in quite a rush! just wondering how long it would take to be approved? thanks

You should be good to go, let me know if it gives you any trouble.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, franharq said:

@JimW,  I am having the same issue as everyone above, how long does the extension request take? I am in the week of completion of semester work, and need the extension of the approved student leave. Thanks 

You should now be good to go, please let me know if it gives you any more trouble.

On 6/2/2018 at 12:07 PM, Jory Meyers said:

Does the extension give you access to the latest VW iteration, or does it confine you to the year which you received the software, which in my case was 2016?

If you submit an extension, you keep the same version. You should see a Download section on your student portal where you can choose the latest version.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
17 hours ago, Julia Noulin-Merat said:

I have requested an extension but it has said "Thank you for your interest in Vectorworks! We will review your request shortly." for the past two days. Can someone help with this?

4 hours ago, Charles Holland said:

I am having the same problem with my education software. Update sent with evidence two days ago but still cannot open Vectorworks.

You two should now be good to go, please let me know if you have any other problems!

1 hour ago, Victoriawatmo said:

hi, pls can i get an extension to my license? i am still a student at KLC

Youll need to request an extension here:

https://student.myvectorworks.net

Once you do, let me know and I can hurry along your approval.