Having to re-render most everytime

scottmoore

I believe someone said there was a bug with SP2 the result of which is almost everytime you render something with the CineRender engine, the wireframe model turns white basically and nothing more happens. You set to render again, you get an alert asking if you want to re-render (to which one often mumbles something along the lines of “I don’t believe I would consider this rendered currently” or something much less restrained) you press enter and THEN it starts the render. 

Is this a “thing”? 

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

That doesn't sound familiar, there are two major rendering bugs that are still present as of 2018 SP3 that are hassling myself and many other users, but they're a bit different:

1) After a number of renders, or after rapid changes/cancels of a render, the geometry will stop displaying and the design layer and/or viewport will turn black and remain black regardless of how many times you rerender until you restart Vectorworks or sometimes just close/open the file itself.

2) After editing geometry within a scene, rerendering it can sometimes not show that change, the render will still complete and take as long as it would otherwise, but the geometry change is not reflected. Restarting Vectorworks resets this but then it often recurs randomly.

Number 2 has been an issue at least back to 2017. 

My issue is pretty consistent and and when I mentioned that on the Facebook forum I received a response that it was a bug of some sort. I would hazard to guess that it happens 80% of the time on both my laptop and desktop units.