Adding Chairs to Tables

New to Vectorworks by about 1 week.

Trying to figure out how to add chairs to tables when using the seating tool. When picking table size, there are a certain amount of chairs already around the table. For example, 60" round table has 8 chairs. I need to make it 10.

Thanks.

Chris

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Easiest way is to edit the symbol it's using. Once you pick the 60" round, look in the resource manager for that symbol. You can then delete all but one chair, and then duplicate and arrange the other 9 you'd like. Easiest way would be to use the Rotate tool in Duplicate mode, or draw a quick circle and duplicate the chairs along that circle path.

• 1 year later...

Hi Chris

There is a default circular table with 3 chairs available.

When using the Seating section tool, the first page of the Seating section Settings dialogue window allows you to select a range of seat or table defaults. These defaults can also be edited, to move the chairs to different positions round the table for example, by editing the symbol in the resource manager after first creating the seating section. The edited symble can then be saved into your favorites folder for future use with the seating section tool

forgot to add that you can also use the default seating section chairs and tables as individual symbols if needed, they are located in the

Defaults-event planning-seating folder

and

Defaults-seating

in the resource manager

Hi chaps - thx for your help but it is really fiddly - how do I make a feature request for it to work "properly" with the seating tool? I also note the chair spacing does not give realistic space for teh chair to be pulked out, and we dont apear to have an option to show this. Think this is also a sensible funtion and ould like to request it.

thx again, chris.

A possible solution for this is to edit the table with chairs symbol so that the chairs are further away from the table, this will force the seating section to allow more space for each table.

Otherwise if you make use of the 'style' feature to save to the seating section settings as a 'style' to use in future plans, this should reduce the amount of set up work in the future.

I will make a feature enhancement request for adding a pulled out chair option/function to the dialogue

• 3 years later...

Used the table and chairs tool. 

Made the table round 

End chair = 2

Side chair = 8

right click on the created table 

select edit 2D component 

Deleted and moved the chairs according to what I like. 

Then when I render, the chairs remain the same 😞 

Why are 3D components so frustrating to work with. This was never the case. Past iterations I was able to edit the component (Table and Chairs) as a 3D model.  

Please provide some insight  

10 hours ago, zoomer said:

The plugin features should be standard in VW seating tool.

However true this may be, VW's response is usually that if you can script it or you can acquire a script for it, they will leave that as the solution for now while they point their engineering team at tasks that require their special knowledge, expertise, and ability to dig into the guts of the program.  I know this may seem frustrating, but many times they will get around to it, eventually.  Video Screen, Blended Screen, LED Screen, and the Speaker tools come to mind, but there are others.  I bet it's going to take some time for Michael's marvelous tool to be incorporated, if ever, but you have it now.  Should you ever be in the same place, MIchael's bar tab belongs to you.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1