2018 SP3 - Class Drop Down Not Scrolling

B Cox

Question

6 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I see that your signature says you are running Mac OS 10.13.1... but your screenshot and issue description is from Windows. Might you be able to add some more info to your signature? Sometimes such interface matters are related to OS level behaviours, so it would help to know more about the hardware/software you’re using. Thanks!

Yes, I did actually see your mention of Windows 10. It can just be helpful to provide OS build info and other hardware info, as you may see in the signature files of others. This can often provide insight into technical issues.

Not knowing any other details about your Windows system, (after doing a restart of both Vectorworks and your computer) I would recommend starting to troubleshoot this issue by manually updating your graphics card drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

If that doesn’t solve it, I’m curious...

- Given that you have many classes, are you seeing this issue only in one particular file or in all files (even new ones) that contain a large number of classes?

- Does the same issue occur in Vectorworks on your Mac?

Neil,

I appreciate the sentiment but I update my drivers and OS weekly.  I have a Intel 6700K with 16GB Ram running with a GTX970.

This is VW-Windows UI bug, not a drivers issue.  I just tested created another file full of classes and tested with different start bar behaviors (as I felt maybe VW was not correcting detecting the end of the scroll bar) with hidden/unhidden start bar. The behavior was consistent.

This is not an issue in OSX as UI menus rely on OSX behaviors and you can use alphabetic keys to jump to the desired class.

Screenshot_9.jpg

Edited by B Cox
added image
On 2018-03-30 at 4:35 AM, B Cox said:

Neil,

I appreciate the sentiment but I update my drivers and OS weekly....

@B Cox No problem. I just thought I’d mention the solution (graphics driver updates) that we find helps a large majority of Windows users with graphics anomalies and even some interface issues. 

In terms of submitting a bug to Vectorworks Inc., one of the fastest ways to send one in is to complete this form.  The form will give the tech support team the basic information to get started with assisting you. (If you’re outside of the US, contact your local Distributor for tech support.)

Take care!