Selecting wall

Scott61

Question

I have two walls that I created after the bulk of the drawing was finished.  I created them but cannot select (highlight/modify) them on any layer, though they do appear (are visible) on the "floor plan" layer.  They do not appear on any other layer (nor can they be selected).  Any thoughts on objects which appear on a  layer but cannot be selected on that or any layer?

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Scott61 said:

I am curious though, why have classes AND layers, that seems repetitive.

I would actually like to have an additional level of control. I have always thought that it would be good to split the attributes of the object out from the Class.

That way you could have Layer (Where the object is); Classed (What the object is) and "Materials" (What the object looks like).

The more flexibility the better. Right now lots of people are using sub-classes to try and to this, but I personally don't this that is a great solution. Why have a 14 wall styles/classes when really the only thing you want to do is have a different texture/color with everything else the same.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Scott61 said:

Thanks, that did work.  I am curious though, why have classes AND layers, that seems repetitive.  Thanks so much for the help!!!!

Because it is one of the best and most important features in VW.

It is so much faster and easier to draw at different heights, control

model hierarchy and navigate through Stories.

Potential use of Separation into different Layers :

- Stories

- different buildings on site

- separate different phases of building

- existing vs proposed

• Like 2