Geometry Calculation

Hello All

Apologies if this is in the wrong section/wrong title/spoken about beore - Admins please move if necessary

I am sure theres another thread on this but I wanted to cast out the question of Geometry calculations.  

I am in the process of building 3 new machines for my office as we are seeing serious lag on current systems.  I have narrowed the problem down to the geometry calculations when changing views in wireframe.  Especially between 2d plan and 3d.  Work in the events industry and we use Spotlight.  Drawings can be upto 500mb of conference spaces.  Lots of duplicates of the same object at times like chairs/tables.  

I know in previous versions Geometry calc is a single thread process but has this been changed in 2018?  

looking at CPU measures it very much looks like it is still a single thread process.  VW maxes out at 25% cpu, comes up not responding and locks up when performing this task.  Literally flatlines at 25% and wont go higher for this operation.

Can anyone tell me of any setup adjustments/options I can change to help this.  Currently running v2018 with SP4

Feel free to ask me any more info you need on our hardware etc and thanks in advance for any help :)