Hoist Symbols in worksheet flipped

Ben Wingrove

Question

We use worksheets to produce our key for hoist symbols.

When we use the image function to get the 2D symbol some symbols have the dimension display flipped and others don't, this means when we turn off the label class the symbols are not aligned correctly.

I have attached some screen shots to illustrate.

Thanks

Ben

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.50.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 2.50.27 PM.png

6 answers to this question

Two items:

1. Go to the Wishlist forum and post a message requesting that symbol images in worksheets respond to the Worksheet Alignment issues based on the visible interpretation of the symbol, not the total symbol definition. Make sure to explain WHY this is important to you and HOW you want it to work. Include you screen shots above. Probably also make a screen shot showing how you want it to work, possibly even with Center/Left/Right/General Horizontal Alignment.

2. The work around until this gets fixed is to put a locus point in your symbol definitions so that the symbol is symmetric around the Symbol Insertion Point. If your text is at the bottom left, put a locus at the top right with the inverse coordinates (i.e., -1, -1  -> 1, 1)  If your text is at the bottom right, but the locus at the Top Left.

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 10.14.58 AM.png

Thanks Pat, I will add this to the wishlist forum.

The main problem with the hoist symbols is that the orientation of the dimension display is dependent on if it is placed to the left or right of the center line, whilst this makes sense on our drawing I don't understand how the worksheets choose what symbol to reference, it must be referencing some from the minus side and others from the plus side.

I'm not sure if it looks at the first instance of the symbol placed in the drawing or maybe from the top down. I will have to experiment next time I get some down time.

Ben

I managed to find a way to "cheat" it. As it stands, all hoist symbols on the drawing have their dimension display automatically orientated to be pointing towards the hoist origin.

I added a new hoist origin in the bottom right hand corner, refreshed the hoists so they all have the dimension display orientated the same, refreshed the worksheet, deleted the new hoist origin and then refreshed the hoists so they were showing the correct x,y dimensions again.

Simple :D

Well at least the display in the worksheet is aligned and it pleases my OCD, until I find a better solution.

Hello,

I've got similar issue. I need to have informations on my hoists presentation (n°,X,Y,...) and IMAGE in worksheet display the object with those informations. It's not readable on the final worksheet.

Yes, if I put simple hoists without information and stack them in the foreground, IMAGE are OK but I can't do that, my totals will be false.

Maybe is it possible to notify in formula to don't show informations on the IMAGE? My formula is :

=IMAGE(('HoistVW'.'Type'='1/4 Ton') AND ('HoistVW'.'Function'='Audio'))

(sorry for bad english, i'm a french user)

Thanks for your help

worksheet images - original hoist.png

worksheet images OK.png

worksheet images not OK.png